Thursday, January 12, 2012

Boy Scouts


Boy Scouts

            If you read my blog titled,”How my weekend went,” you should have seen that on Saturday, I went to a Boy Scout camp out. This was my first camp out with the Boy Scouts. And this is how Boy Scouts started.
            At the end of October, one of my good friends, Grant, asked me if I wanted to join Boy Scouts. Then I said yes and that next Tuesday, I went to my first Boy Scout meeting. It was okay. They were talking about what food to bring for the next camp out (Not the one that I went to). I couldn’t go to this camp out because we had something to do that weekend. So I skipped that camp out.
The next meeting which was on a Thursday (our meeting could be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. We don’t always met on a certain day of the week.) we did requirements. Requirements are things that Boy Scouts have to do in order to gain badges. There are about 13 requirements until you get a badge. Some take longer than others and some are easier than others.
I didn’t get any that night because I didn’t even have a Boy Scout book. But at the next meeting, (which was on a Tuesday), we prepared for our next camp out (which was the one that I went to). Well at the campout, I got seven whole requirements done. The second highest number of requirements that a person got was one requirement. But the only reason that I got so many was that I had just started and there were some really easy ones in there. Well, I have had a very good time doing Boy Scouts because it is very fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment