Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tragedies vs. Comedies

The question that I ask myself today is do I like tragedies or comedies?

 Allow me to backtrack. About two weeks ago, my mom started reading Shakespeare plays with me. So far we have read Taming of the Shrew, Antony and Cleopatra, Measure for Measure, Hamlet, Much Ado about Nothing, King Lear and The Merchant of Venice. If you haven’t read these plays, Antony and Cleopatra, Hamlet, and King Lear are tragedies and the rest are comedies.

Truthfully I like…both.  They both are funny and interesting. I like the cool duel that Hamlet and Laertes had. I like Merchant of Venice for Shylock’s weird bond of one pound of flesh (maybe he’s a flesh collector). Anyway, those two are just examples of what I like about the tragedies and the comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment