Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What Does Thanksgiving mean to me?


                                   
            The third Thursday of November is Thanksgiving. This is the day where we eat turkey and other delicious things. And after the food has been consumed, then some families watch football games. But I have a different approach on Thanksgiving.
            Now how I think and you do may be different. But I think that our Thanksgiving was a good example of how my approach is. To me, Thanksgiving is a time to have fun and socialize with family or friends. Our Thanksgiving started at lunch where we ate very delicious food. Then instead of watching football for a pointless amount of hours, we played a game where everyone laughed. We socialized and laughed. After the game of laughing, we went outside and played a couple of games. Then we had to go home, but my Thanksgiving was awesome despite having to go home.
            If you sat and watched television for a couple hours, did you actually talk very much? You probably didn’t because you were busy watching the game. What if you have family that came down from Hawaii or Alaska and they stayed only for Thanksgiving and then they left without them telling you how they were doing.  All I’m saying is that if you are going to get together, this is a perfect day to socialize and laugh together.

No comments:

Post a Comment