Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tao Two

Today I chose this verse:

"If you drink too much, you get drunk.
The engine won't start
if you're always tinkering with it.
If you hoard wealth,
you fall into its clutches.
If you crave success,
you succumb to failure.
Do what you have to do,
then walk away.
Anything else will drive you nuts."

It is about if you do too much stuff, then you will have to suffer the consequences.

The thing that I do too much and have to suffer the consequences are when I add the little touches to projects that take quite a while and then I'm out of time. I'll give you an example. Last week, I had to do a project on a new website. The website was cool because you can put words inside of other words. I was messing around with it and then it was the day that it was due and I still had a lot to do. So I stopped doing all that and got it done. I think that this saying particularly appealed to me because I like to add the finishing touch to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment